- Are you looking for some help to stop smoking?
- Perhaps you’ve tried willpower, patches, e-cigarettes or gum but nothing has really worked?
- Would you like a simple way to stop smoking with no weight gain, cravings or nasty side effects?
Yes, then Hypnotherapy is genuinely worth considering as the other methods aren’t always the answer given they have less than a 30% success rate.
As a long term habit, smoking becomes associated with feelings of helping to feel de-stressed and to find time for yourself, and for some – to still be a rebel.
You may fall in to one or two categories as a smoker:
1. You just don’t like smoking anymore and are really keen to quit.
2. You know it’s not good for you but you do enjoy the luxury of taking timeout to savour having a smoke.
I love working with smokers. My most successful technique is the one off smoking session. This is how it works.
Step one: You book a call and we have a short phone consultation. This is our starting point to establish if you are really ready to quit smoking for good.
Step two: If you are ready to be a non smoker, you come for your Stop Smoking session. In that session I want to be really sure that you walk out of the therapy room as a non smoker.
The top 5 reasons smokers give when asked why do want to quit smoking:
- Health – don’t want to get lung cancer, want to live longer, be fitter and healthier.
- Smell – hate smelling like an old ashtray. It’s a dirty disgusting habit.
- Deceit – hiding the fact from your kids, partner or friends that you are a smoker.
- Anti-social – embarrassed to be a smoker, not many in your social circle do smoke. Your kids /family hate you being a smoker.
- Save Money – you spend anything between £50 – £300 a month and more.
My job as the Hypnotherapist is to ensure that you swap this long term habit for something much, much better. The above reasons are good ones; however they are not sufficiently good enough. The reason being they have to be sustainable and tangible.
Did you know a quarter of people abandon their resolutions after just one week? A staggering 60% give up within six months?
This is why typically a rush of smokers come for hypnotherapy in June and October, seeking a one off session of hypnosis to quit smoking for good. In most cases they have attempted to quit back in January and for various reasons have gone back to smoking again.
As a hypnotherapist I want to be absolutely certain that by the time you leave the session you are well and truly leaving as a non-smoker.
Why? Because the ‘Reasons’ are not good enough!
You need tangible reasons to stop smoking.
Remember as a smoker you have had this habit for a long time. It has to be really worth you quitting not only for health reasons – you have to be emotionally ready.
As human beings we are benefit orientated. What I am looking for from my smoking hypnotherapy clients are tangible reasons. Brilliant reasons that are going to alter your state of mind so the minute you come up and out of hypnosis you are feeling safe secure and back in control in the knowledge that your old habit of smoking is now a thing of the past..
As you leave the therapy room after your non- smoking session the Hypnotherapist wants to be certain you are feeling confident, well prepared to be a non-smoker, relaxed, reassured, with no cravings. Essentially, for you to be excited now you are a non-smoker.
To achieve this state of mind the hypnotherapy session involves a deep relaxation induced trance like state, where the positive tangible reasons are loaded into your subconscious mind. In effect wiping the previous old habits and desirers of wanting a cigarette clean.
Interested in quitting for good?
It is highly recommended that before you book your appointment you like the sound of the Hypnotherapist and feel comfortable to go ahead. Feeling confident with your Hypnotherapist is an essential consideration.
If hypnotherapy seems like it may be the best route for you email [email protected] to book in a short telephone consultation. This is your first real step towards becoming a non-smoker for good.